Let's have a trip to South America, where yerba mate comes from.
𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗲𝗿𝗯𝗮 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗮 𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗮𝗹?
1. Fill a cured mate cup just over half full with yerba mate. Tilt the gourd (cup) until the tea covers the side and almost reaches the top.
2. Before putting the straw (bombilla) in, pour hot water onto the bottom half of the drink. A temperature of 60–70ºC is best.
3. Relax while the yerba mate leaves absorb the water. This awakens the tea.
4. Put the filtered end of the mate straw into the tea, at an angle.
5. Pour hot, not boiling, water into the yerba mate tea.
🧉 Enjoy your drink 🧉